Like... erm... what have I been up to lately?
Books... (I kinda juggle my reading if you notice the below list) a) How To Be Good by Nick Hornby ---> done b) Stupid White Men by Michael Moore ---> just started on it c) Business at the Speed of Thought by Bill Gates ---> erm... kinda lazy to finish it... been months and I'm just past Chp.1?!! Sure tells you how interested I am on this one d) Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work by J.Canfield, M.V.Hansen, M.Robertson, M.Rutte & T.Clauss---> someway through this one
Movies... a) Princess Mononoke (DVD) ---> Nice! Loved the artwork... the myth... and the cute but rather freaky looking little Kodama b) The Prince & Me (cinema) ---> lighthearted fare. Call it a modern fairytale. Loved this one anyhow... no matter how surreal and predictable the story was... I'm biased because I love watching Julia Stiles' movies. But anyways, watch out for Soren... the Prince's aid. He lends some comic moments to the movie... hehehe... c) Spiderman 2 (cinema) ---> Predictable? Yes... especially since we did kinda grow up reading the comics. However, the movie has some moral high-points. More details below.
ONE: Kids should eat green veggies (OK, this one was a sneaky one by the scriptwriters... but I'm gonna have a good time throwing this line back at some veggie-haters... hehehe...) TWO: With great power comes great responsibility and sacrifices. THREE: You might want to spare the one you love from hurt by pretending not to love them... but you can't stop that person from choosing to be with you since everyone has a right to make their own life choices. ;)
p/s: I managed to get off from work ETA 6pm for 3 days in a row this past week!!! Mon, Tues, Wed!!! Whoooopiiieeeee!



0 comments:
Post a Comment