11:17 AM

Turmoil

Today I laughed and cried til I was good and numb. I was sad at the reality of how my team will always have a much lesser probability of moving up the ranks in the department.

But at the same time, my colleagues were cracking jokes about resigning en bloc and together we open a shop. Maybe a nasi kandar shop or a cake house. We started assigning roles like "Jaga api", "person who take orders", washing dishes would be a rotation thing... and on and on.

My face just turned numb. I think my facial muscles were just confused on which way it should contort to. Ahhh... numb...

In spite of all this, I'm so glad that at a time when I am down - the whole team had been supportive (specifically I need to thank Christabel the most). I also had colleagues in Singapore who are willing listeners - Jeff who read my yahoo status & TW whom I think I have a terrible tendency to automatically dial up but never pushes me away even when I become neurotic... Thank you!!.

Not to forget the ever wonderful Lyne and Angela... my ex-colleague and ex-boss respectively. Angela's involvement was purely coincidental... while lepak-king at my old dept, Lyne had just brought her name up and speak of the devil... she called Lyne about a minute after that.

It was a nice surprise and I couldn't be more thankful for her advice and support on the fact that I wanted to jump ship. Honestly, I didn't want to get Angela to help me but it seems that somehow someone up there decided that it would be better to put her there as my guide of sorts.

Life happens sometimes... and things have a way of coming to you whether you ask for it or not. In a sense I think I'm a pretty lucky sod. Better things are coming my way now that my time at where I currently am is drawing to a close.

Happy New Year to all and may it bring to you a greater promise of a brighter future.

p/s: Kalamari-buddy, sorry I didn't feel like yahoo-ing stuff in detail when u pinged me. I'll elaborate this to you sometime soon

0 comments: