4:45 PM

Australia F1 GP

Melbourne, Albert Park: Fresh new start to the 2005 F1 GP Race season. New rules, plenty of surprises, & less predictability (until maybe a few races later when everyone stabilises into a groove of their own).

For now - it's great to see Fisichella finally on the top podium. It's his 2nd first place win but only the first time acknowledging his top placing on the podium. Now how is that possible?

Simple. The F1 governing body didn't declare him as the rightful winner of the Brazil 2003 GP until days later. That was one eventful race alright.

Besides, Renault seems set for a great season. They kept Fernando Alonso - the guy who started in 13th but finished 3rd in the race. The talent scouts had noticed him since he first drove for Minardi in 2001... but everyone started watching out for this young fellow from the time he started menacing the tracks in a Renault in 2003.

I must say that Rubens Barricello must be giddily happy that for once - he is way ahead on the podium while his legendary partner, the great Michael Schumacher, was forced to retire from the race due to a racing incident.

Meanwhile, about David Coulthard - I must say for a guy who had a rough time trying to get a seat in the 2005 season... he's really proving all the disbelievers wrong. It's like saying, "I'll show you that I still have it in me!!". Yes, DC... you sure do. You did manage 4th under a "new" team.

0 comments: