1:15 PM

Rants on American Idol

Shucks. I would have preferred it if Bo Bice had won the Season 4: American Idol competition on Wednesday. As with most other people that I know - I felt that he had way more presence, confidence and flair on stage than Carrie Underwood.

Yet all the same, we know that a number of the contestants who were featured in each season of American Idol will be offered recording contracts.

Watch out. Bo Bice has entered the music arena (big time!)

Anyway, I think the most interesting theory about Carrie's win had to be what I heard on the Mix.FM Breakfast Show. A caller mentioned something like, "America is a cowboy country. It's just a natural tendency that the cowboys voted for the country girl with all her sweetness and blondeness. We don't need another LeAnn Rimes"

I had a good laugh at that one lar. What can I say? I mean that sounds like the stereotype we all know has been given to the US of A... more so with GW Bush on the helm as their Prez.

0 comments: