2:20 AM

Another rare update and more random thoughts

In just a blink of an eye, it is almost time to greet yet another new year. However, much has happened in this short time. We've all seen the effects of the worldwide economic downturn. We have also not seen the end of violence and unrest in the world we know today.

Just a quick update on all sorts of stuff that I have in my head that I would like to share with all my buddies who do take a peek here once in a while...

1. For those who know where I work:
As far as the rumors that you have heard, there is some kind of reorganization. Due to this reason, many of us have been redeployed to other departments. Most of us have been given the option to take on a role that we would like to move into. While others were comfortable to continue seeking for a front line role, I managed to find myself in a back-end support type of role within the company. I am thankful that I have found my way into something closer to my interest and what I do best.

2. Regarding the recent disruptions of peace in Thailand:
In some way, I must say that I am glad that although we see a lot of argument about positions of power amongst our politicians (they could invest more time in spending more brain power on plans to help promote the healthy growth for the nation in all necessary areas... but oh well...) it has not come to a point that the public will hold innocent people hostage by forcing the shutdown of an International Airport. It really makes a person think twice if one should ever fly into Bangkok in the immediate future for any reason.

3. Regarding the recent terrorist act of violence in India:
In short, terrorism is not dead. It still haunts us all. After the Bali episodes, people grew a sense of paranoia about traveling there. With the recent incident in India where the similarity is the intention to strike where most tourists are (main targets being the Jewish), it makes one feel all the more cautious about traveling out of one's own country. Irregardless of who is the main target, the terrorists out there just doesn't care at all if non-targets are affected at all... it's sick... and really wrong... but what can average Joes and Janes like us do? All we can do is sit around and watch... and if we happen to know someone is in the affected area... we worry too. It's sad the way things are in the world.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is no longer what it used to be. Not as we've seen it during our lifetime anyway. Wanton violence, discrimation, persecution, it's all too common now. Nothing is sacred anymore. Not even the life of another.

I can't really recall whether there's a theory on it but it is actually true in a sense that History repeats itself. I guess ppl from long ago really did know what they were talking about.

Given that not everything's the same as it was, the similarities are just mind-numbing. Take for example, AIDS. During the 14th century, there was black death. Then you have wars. Events leading to wars nominally begin the same way - bid for power and control. We had the Europeans from way back when, waging war against every other resistant civilization they come across. Then the Nazis. Now the US. Even music and fashion follow the same basic principle. At one point in time, the old becomes the new.

We might not be looking at a bleak dystopian future as potrayed in many a story during our lifetime but as the wheel of time completes it's travel, the pain, suffering and destruction from long ago will return. History will repeat itself, but we might not be there to see it. It's just a matter of TIME. Something that we take for granted. A luxury that we squander without realising that sooner or later, it will come to a close and we will have no more TIME left.

And so the wheel turns...