1:36 AM

Hope...

Though I know that we may never be
what I hope we could some day be
Does it matter that I care for you still
when all I can see is a cold empty void
where there should be more soul in you?

You may never know what I feel for you
I was never brave enough to tell you so
I can see you when I close my eyes
and smile to myself when I remember
something silly that you have said or done

Wistfully I hope against hope
but it's a dream I can never hold on to
So I tell myself it's time to let go
be thankful of what I have in front of me
and yet hope has a life of its own
I can only hope that time will lead the way

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Things happen for a reason. Take it easy and have faith. God knows what is the best for you my dear.

aewis said...

Hah... This is so long ago... No longer as emo as when I 1st wrote it ^_^
Good sign, no?