10:58 PM

Tue, 3 Jun: The Lobby Exhibition Display

I dropped by my old dept to check some mails and do a little housekeeping. After all, the trainer of the day gave us a long lunch break. On my way back to the auditorium, some 5 mins away, I noticed that Kelvin was at his desk and on the phone.

Right... Time to wash my hands off a small matter and I have only 10 mins before training resumes. Being late back for training is not a good idea when the trainer is bent to make latecomers sing, up on the auditorium stage.

And thus I find myself walking up to his desk and standing behind him for a few secs before waving my hands on one side of his face. Needed to get his attention coz I don't have time to wait around. Nice of him to ask the person on the other end of the line to hold for a while.

Me: Hi, Kelvin :)
Kelvin: Hi :)
Me: About the s/w u borrowed; when u'r ready to return it, could you pls pass it to either Suat Lee or Lyne? I've changed dept.
Kelvin: (Nods) Sure. U r in PCS?
Me: Ya, that's why I'm wearing this (points to temp. tag I'm wearing until my actual badge is ready) ... *pause* ... Btw, the posters in the lobby... is that u on one of them? (it's almost a life-sized print)
Kelvin: Yes *grins*
Me: Hmm... no wonder I thought it was familiar!
Kelvin: *Laughs-uproariously-in-obvious-amusement*
Me: I gotta go. Bye~ *walks-briskly-away-rushing-back-to-training*
Kelvin: *continues-laughing-as-he-heads-back-to-his-phone-call*

It's amazing that a simple statement like that can evoke such amusement in another person. But just maybe... the way we say stuff like that that makes it worth a laugh. Especially one from a cute engineer ;)

0 comments: