10:55 PM

Well... I don't think it's much of a choice but more of an obligation that I had to make. I had to claim my half-day paid time off this afternoon. Dad feels strongly that we should follow my granduncle's funeral procession.

I didn't think that it would be too wise of an idea to let my dad drive today anyhow. He had, after all, just fell and hit his head over the weekend and earned himself 2 stitches on the head.

It was a crazy day for me... having to go into office by 7am for the 2nd day in a row... I know I'll be drained out at the end of today. But then again... going in to work at 7am also means that I can execute leaving for my 1/2 day off much earlier in the day.

When I arrived with my parents at my uncle's house for his father's funeral - he knew that he didn't have to find anyone else to babysit his 7-year old daughter cause she usually locates me easily like a homing missile.

The day was long and it was hot... but still we had to go through all the rituals. By the time we finally arrived home from whatever we had to do... I felt like a dead fish and lugged myself to bed. It was a long day indeed.

0 comments: