11:31 PM

Before I can say "ABRACADABRA!" it's almost Monday again. What?? Monday??? Geesh... time sure flies when there are so many things going on.

I can say that the past week at work had been a semi-nightmare... thanks to some genious who did some serious under-estimation. The side effects just rippled on from there...

I found myself giving pretty much the same reply many times throughout the week, occasionally peppered by a few additional words when updates came along. It was frustrating!!!

I felt like biting off the head of the 3rd and subsequent innocent inquirer each and everyday. Its not them... I think it's just a normal response when any person remembers saying the same thing for more than 2-3 times a day.

Had to keep reminding myself to keep a smile on my face and in my voice... yup... breathe... bReathe...BreaThe... ahh!!

Soon, Friday comes and goes and whaddya know? It's Saturday. As usual I had to routinely pick my gramps from his office at about noon... but when I reached there - gramps declared "Come back in 30mins"

Now, what do I do with 30mins? I'm in the town center with nothing better to do. Zilch, zippo! Nah-dah!!

Ah heck! After taking a quick mental pow-wow, I guess it'd be great to drop by Giant (Pg Plaza) and do some grocery shopping... or so I thought until I got there and saw the amazingly long queue at the cashiers.

Nah-ah! No way I'm going into that... and that is how I ended up going into Book Zone and getting out of there with Chicken Soup for the Working Soul and John Irving's A Son of the Circus.

I didn't mind getting the CS book this time... it's the smaller paperback version and cost 28.90 only. It's more compact and way cheaper (by about $10) compared to the original sized ones.

The John Irving book would be for dad on Father's Day. Can't go wrong by helping him to add another book to his reading collection since he is an avid reader.

Oh! And did I mention that I had to go into work today? Oh yes... two others + yours truly had been asked to go in to do some testing starting 5pm today.

It was quite hilarious actually. First, the 3 of us had 15-20 mins of confusion. None of us were clear on what we were required to do and did not quite know who to contact.

Then of course we also found that we had a logistical nightmare. We were unable to call anywheare outside Asia Pacific for some reason, no matter which office call system available to us was used.

Do or die... we had to contact our US counterpart... Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Last resort - email... that's the worse communication method in an office when dynamic communication was required. After a long 10min wait, a reply! Joy! Except... err... wait... I had to explain our phone system dilemma... and suggested that we connect via Yahoo Msger.

A few minutes later... ho-boy!! Yay!! We're connected and many clarifications were made within a span of 15 mins.

By now, an hour had been nicely wasted off my Sunday evening... time that could've been used on other more trivial pursuits like lazing, hanging out, and lazing.

Delight later then was the fact that the newly upgraded system did not come up with any errors. Brilliant!

Except now I have another problem... I'm very short of time. I had to rush home to take both mum and dad for a quick dinner before dropping dad off at his rendezvous point to meet up with his car pool back to KL...

Yes! You guessed it!!! It was time to drive like the wind along the causeway; with the observation power of an eagle; and reflexes like a cheetah!!! Tally-HoOoooo!!!!

0 comments: