It was a pretty eventful past week... let's start with the 5-Jun! Well... my pal here, Jase, had booked Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban tickets for a Saturday that was
One: A public holiday... and
Two: during a school holiday
Sweet... and of course... Jase had to break just about every traffic rule to make sure that we can still collect our tickets on time. *LOL*
Later in the evening... it was time to go for my 2-yr old cousin's birthday party. Plenty of kids running around the place in addition to aunties and uncles who are catching up with one another... *yawn*.
7-Jun (Mon): Ah well... just when every other colleague of mine are enjoying an additional day off (perks of ppl working for MNCs practising 5-day work-weeks)... I had to go in to work. Simply because... I don't work following the Malaysian calendar.
Anyhow, Umayal SOS-ed me in the afternoon... and thus I ended up going out for some window shopping in Gurney and later having a magnificent dinner in Dome...
Tired as I felt... that was a blissfully enjoyable evening.
9-Jun (Wed): Dinner with some of my schoolmates at a place called Little Cottage. There was Guats, Bowie, Chin, and Uma. Oh... btw! I loved the Lamb Chop... it was so beautifully done.
Later on... we headed off for CBTL at Belissa for coffee and a touch of dessert... Royal Chocolate Cake! Oh yummy!!!
11-Jun (Fri): Went out for a really nice Thai lunch with my colleagues. Our reason for making noise celebration was because we have just passed the 1-year mark into our job. There was S.Huei, Mich, Pearly, M.Nee, Lay2, Vennee, and Lynette.
Too bad I couldn't stay on for a chat... had to rush back to the office for a 1pm meeting... only to later find out that it has been pushed out to 4pm. Grr...!! All the rush for nothing. Ptui!!
Later at night... joined Mal, Ash, Joanne and a few others for some teh tarik near Line Clear. Could have sworn that I think I almost got hit by the car park's bar thinghy... but thankfully... I got away without a dent in my skull.
12-Jun (Sat): Good gosh!! I overslept!!! Bathed and grabbed everything I needed for the teambuilding. Christabel told me she thought she was late... (she came to my house at 9:15am)... but looks like I did one up on that. Could not stop apologizing to Mich as we were supposed to meet her at her place in Air Itam at 9:15.
We arrived at Sandy Beach Paradise Resort about 10am... just about time when everyone else actually started to arrive. Great!! At the conference hall... we met Dhupinder's little girl... 3-yr old Bakshinder. She's such a cheerful little cutie.
Bless us all who sat around that child... because we weren't really paying attention to the presentations that went on... we were playing with Bakshind. ShHhhHh...
Later, we were broken into groups... and hence the games begin. First, we had a sorta follow the leader dancing thinghy... and then we had a Limbo Rock session before lunch.
After a delicious buffet makan... it was time for beach games under the hot sun... ;P
We played Fire Brigade and Tug-of-war. My group was lucky in our first round of TOW... we pulled when the other team was not just when the whistle blew... hehehe... but then again... 2nd round? You can say that we don't have the pulling power... and the ground beneath us was very dry and very loose... no foot grip. We were sliding deep into the sand. Argh....
Oh well... for today, I just feel that my legs are sore... and I'm beginning to find signs of blue-black spots all over myself... sigh... but it had been a really fun weekend!



0 comments:
Post a Comment