11:07 PM

Jumping back onto the fast track

Getting back to work after a long break has always been a headache but I'm one of the lucky people who can detach myself from worrying about what is waiting for me inside the dreaded inbox. I truly enjoy first then face the music only when I'm actually back in the corporate environment. :)

Among the hullabaloo of things in my bag was this bit about having to be at Shangri-La for a day-long event with regard to "Youth Enterprise (YE): Train the Trainers Workshop", on Weds.

Okaaay. Hah.

The event itself was interesting enough. All the attendees were people who will later be corporate/teacher advisors coaching school students on how to run a real company that has a manufacturing line. Mental note: Networking opportunity.

We went through the same workshops that needs to be duplicated and presented to the students, inclusive of a simulation where we were put into groups competing with one another to 'manufacture' picture frames and marketing it. Overall, it looks like everyone had fun.

Besides that, I think I also had a good laugh during lunch break when I ended up following a couple of Citigroup gals from my 'workshop group' to a table where other gals and a guy from Citigroup + a couple of teachers were parked.

One of the gals noticed that their guy pal had automatically asked the waiter to get a fork for me (I was happily eating with just a spoon and knife... someone else could have taken the fork that had been set on the table way earlier)... and decided it would be a good prank to say he was checking me out and wondering if he could have my number.

I bet you can all guess that the circus came to town then when everyone began to target the guy. He seems to be quite a sport since he soon joined-in on the uptake and pulled a fast one. It was hilarious! Eventually, the little pranksters decided to leave the table while I was finishing my desert... leaving just the guy and myself at the table. Nice one girls... however let's just say that small talk ensued and that was all.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll all meet again over the course of the 9-mth YE program and meet loads of other people along the way.

p/s: For example, I'm still getting to know the other volunteers from Agilent since many of us are new to one another.

0 comments: