10:33 PM

A Long and Busy CNY Break

I was supposed to be on leave from 26 Jan (Thu) and go back to work on 6 Feb (Mon) but didn't find it unusual that I had to work from home on my first off-day for CNY.

Then of course mum began to nag me on when I would start my baking for CNY throughout the entire morning since I couldn't get off the computer until I'm done with the publication of the Jan toolkit.

It also seems that it has become part of a tradition for me to wrap-up my CNY baking and packing of the 'produce' right into the first hours of CNY. Btw, I only made "Coffee Shortcake" and "Jam Tarts" this time... was short on time to make a nice cheesecake.

Moving on, it appears that the weather this CNY is much more pleasant than last CNY's (it was extremely hot then). We also completed our visiting rounds within a record 3 days (normally it seems neverending to me)

And then on 1 Feb, I had a record of a Yee-Sang lunch with my family followed by 3 back-to-back evening gatherings with Chin2. The 1st was with the CGL gals I knew throughout my F1-F3 years at Starbucks (E-gate). The 2nd was with the XSC group at Mr. Ho's Fine Foods... and the last was at Bagan with my CGL F4-F5 classmates.

Bits of news from all the gatherings were: Dom who had planned from last year to get married in June this year has to pull in his plans 2 mths earlier since his fiance is now expecting. Doris is getting married in March and hen-night is at end-of Feb.

Getting home... it was time to pack for my trip to Hadyai with my parents (and some of their buddies+family) the next morning. Later, I realised I should have tried to sleep during the drive there but I got caught up with re-reading "Memoirs of A Geisha: A Novel" by Arthur Golden. I needed a refresher on the story since it's been at least 2 years since the last time I read it. Nope - haven't seen the movie yet.

Anyway, I managed to go for a foot massage that my dad deemed friendly for first timers since it wasn't one of those where you can scream out in excruciating pain. Needless to say I did quite a bit of shopping too and manage to get a nice white handbag with amber trimming, a good number of tops, and a couple of bottoms.

The selection of food that we had throughout the trip had been good but I'm quite hopeless with handling the level of spiciness there. I had to rely a lot on eating cucumbers, cold drinks, or the local cakes/deserts in resetting my tastebuds.

We got back in Penang on Saturday evening with just enough time to prepare to go for a dinner at uncle Dean's place.

And then... before I know it... it's time to get back to work... and that's another story.

0 comments: