10:53 AM

Living with a stubborn geriatric

Everyone gets older. Your systems slows down eventually. It's common sense.

However, gramps doesn't seem to think that he is any older than he was 5 years ago. He's been having vomiting spells in the last few months. He's been choking on food. Why? We know why...

Firstly, he still stuffs his mouth full as though he has not had food in days. Not a very wise thing to do when the muscles in his digestive system is obviously slowing down.

Secondly, he obviously doesn't take his time to chew his food properly.

Thirdly, he is too stubborn to steer clear of foods that he should try to eat way less. When he gets annoyed that we are nagging him too much, he shouts at us saying we want him to go to the netherworld ASAP. WTF!

Fourthly, he seems to like avoiding the doctor... because he thinks he is his own best doctor. That is sOOoooo annoying. We have to nag him and drag him to go for a checkup.

Lastly, did I mention that the only person he may listen to is my dad? Bless mum and I if for any reason dad is traveling and we have to deal with the old man on our own.

*sigh*

And yes... I do wonder why my grandpa would rather suffer with the vomiting than to take the necessary precautions to avoid this complication in the first place. That's what any other sane health conscious person would do though it seems... that kind of logic just does not compute in gramps head.

The most I can do is watch and probably help to clean up after him... and have a superb amount of patience. I've been known to answer back to his more ludicrous comments... but I know... I should hold my tongue more in front of the old man... even if it kills me... I just need to vent my frustrations and opinions elsewhere. Like now... on this blog... or to my friends.

Edit, 2:30pm: Oh god help me! I've just spent the last couple of hours... cleaning up the house... this time... drips of diarrhea leading from the living room... and bombs away in the bathroom. Oh man... the walls, the walls... were hard to clean...! And all this before gobbling lunch too... errRrrk... o.O

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know where to look if u need to talk, rant or anything.

- K