2:30 PM

Fri - Mon, 06 - 09 Dec: On Friday, 6:30am - I met up with the church group at Green Lane Heights. Our bus will be leaving for Sepang from there. We stopped at Sg. Buloh for lunch. We arrived at Seri Malaysia Hotel in a very secluded part of Sepang at about 1:30pm. To make a long story short - the itinerary of this 4 days, 3 nights camp is something like this. Mornings and afternoons were for preachings, testimony, bible study, sharing, and etc. of the more religious nature. I'll just sit in to observe and listen because I don't buy all that's being said 100% because I believe I'm taking a more liberated way to spiritual growth without all the trappings, certain hipocracies and symbolisms.

Evenings were more like entertainment sessions with skit performances & presentations. A few friends of mine acted in 2 of the plays. One of my friends played Joseph (in the story of Joseph who was betrayed by his brothers, sold as a slave... blah-blah... and ended up becoming a governor... in a dry-spell... famine... his brothers came to get supplies... he pardons them for their sin against him) cracked everyone up with his acting and comical facial expressions. After supper events included playing a complicated game of cards called Nerds. Fun to play... but I am not very good at it. Mostly collected negative points.

On the last morning there, Sharon had a bad bout of migraine - her pain was so great that she fainted. No detours for shopping when we left the camp site at 2pm. I had decided to sit next to her on the bus since I knew how to give head massages to relieve pain from massive headaches (she was so weak that they had to carry her up to the bus). Furthermore, throughout the camp she had been using my h/p # as a contact with her boyfriend. Her 016 had no signal there... so I played "operator" and nurse until she was better. About an hour++ later - she was much better and very chatty... so I talked with her until we stopped at Ipoh for dinner.

Ipoh is her hometown & her sister hitched a ride with us to Penang from our dinner-stop. When we went back to the bus, I happily gave up my seat to Sharon's sis and went to the back of the bus to cajole with the others... and especially with one 6-yr old called Charissa. She's so adorable, cheeky, a bit mad perhaps (at one time she asked me if I ate glue and if I ate pencils)... but a really bright kid.

Tue, 10 Dec: Went to watch Die Another Day, 20th James Bond Film. It's the 40th anniversary for 007 franchise. Made bookings for the show before I left the office... Am very happy to say that Jase and I was given very good seats at the cinema. Prangin MegaPav - Row F, center!! *woohoo!* *does a little dance of joy* My movie review: The movie was not all dynamic... but it didn't really follow the previous formula as observed in the other 007 movies. That sure made things interesting. The Ice Palace was beautiful!!! The villians were rather charming, and the girls had pretty strong characters. A moajor improvement from being mere playthings for the macho-men.

Today, 11 Dec: Prior to visiting Angela at her house, my manager in Agilent, we ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. Her new baby girl is absolutely beautiful. *aww!* *koo-chi-koo-chi* Then we had an after lunch adventure! - my colleagues Peugeot 306 engine suddenly stalled in front of Krystal Point... right after we came out from the busiest roundabout in Penang. Panic ensued when everyone else thought there was no way to summon for help... until I told them I had my h/p with me. They had abandoned theirs in the office. We managed to call the workshop, and waited a long while on the phone before someone told us to wait a while before trying to start the car again. Seems like the workshop was understaffed at the moment... some people were still on Raya vacation. It was about 20-25 minutes worth of baking in the car under the hot sun before the car could start again. *sweats!* *fuh!*

0 comments: