9:48 AM

Thu, 6 Mar: Hmm... nothing much happened - I had a happy time getting some songs downloading in the background while doing some work... noted that PC is crashing more often. Erm... yeah, I just remembered that I did go out for supper with Sze Lin.

Fri, 7 Mar: PC kept on crashing while I tried to update a webpage using Dreamweaver. Defragmenting the disk is definitely something I must do no matter how many times it crashes while in the middle of defrag. Yup, I could only stare at the screen as it defrags, reboots itself and to relogin to Win2k before restarting the process again and again. By 5:30pm, the PC defrag was only about 30% at last reboot. I decided to continue the battle with my PC on Monday.

Watched Survivor 6. Gotta say that it gets more and more interesting when the number of tribe members get even on both sides. Loser at the 4th Tribal Council is JoAnna (Jaburu) - the others felt threatened by her physical and mental strength. Later, I watched Scrubs from my earlier video recording. It's quite amusing.

Sat, 8 Mar: Woke up in time to watch the 2nd qualifying round of F1. I must say that the new rules and new qualifying format does lend an edge to a sport that was less than colorful last year. In the afternoon I went out to have a swell window shopping time with Sze Lin. After a late dinner at home, I joined Malcolm, Ashwin & Jacob for a chat-makan-minum.

Sun, 9 Mar: "Look, the world in sepia" said my brother while waiting for the rest of us to get ready for dinner. It was sunset amidst a cloudy sky. I told him that it seems a bit eerie - like we are in an old movie. Shortly after, the whole family was headed for Mario's to enjoy a cosy belated b'day dinner for my bro... the food was really *YumMmm!*

Earlier today, watching the Melbourne F1 race, I was elated with the drama from start til end of the race. The weather caused most teams to choose the wrong tyres - Barrichello lost control of his car and went into a wall at round 10-ish and Da Matta suffered the same shortly after - quite a number of pit stop errors caused by people and machinery - a few other cars sorta blew up - 2 safety-car sessions.

At the end of it all, Coulthard won by sheer luck (he started on 11th), Montoya was 2nd because his car spun and he loss some time, Raikkonen (who had nothing to lose starting from the pit lane) was in 3rd. Lastly, Frentzen's Sauber managed to maintain a pretty good position throughout - he was 6th. For more news on F1, click here

Mon, 10 Mar: Started my day with 2+ hours of computer defrag. After countless reboots including those on Friday's - my comp finally is behaving better. It's been well worth the time sacrificed. Now... I just need to clear my backlogs.

Tue, 11 Mar: Woke up feeling like my throat is going to throw itself out. I am officially sick and on MC for today. If I'm not much better tomorrow, I'll have to go to the clinic again to get another MC. Mum thought I was crazy when I started chopping and cutting some potatoes, carrots, and onions while leaving some Shitake mushrooms to soak - shortly before dinner...

What she didn't know then was that I intended to cook the soup for supper, and maybe it'll be part of tomorrow's breakfast or lunch too. This sudden urge to cook is probably because I noticed that one onion was growing shoots and our few potatoes are beginning to have shoots too.

0 comments: