9:47 PM

Tonight is when I have to stay up for the prayers to the Jade Emperor (Tih Kong). *Yawn*

Just when I thought it would be just another boring night...

A big white she-dog came all the way into our living room when no one was keeping watch at the open gate and open door grill for about a minute. Boy... it was hard work trying to shoo her out!!

Most hilariously, when we finally managed to corner the dog... my bro tried to prod her towards the door using a pole. That didn't get her to move one bit. She just stared dumbfoundedly at my bro.

Finally, I tooked her out by carrying her by her fore-legs. Taking her out side to the porch was not a good idea as she quickly found a corner and hid there for quite a while. It was some time before I managed to catch her and dragged her out... wow! phew...

Next... you would have thought that "Hey! Fireworks are illegal!!" but at about every 30 degree angle that I turn - I can see wonderful displays of fireworks over the horizon. POM!! POM!!! POM!! .

..oh well... noisy as it was - I went to sleep right after everything for the prayers was over and done with.

Wait.... I'm not done yet!!! You know this tradition we have to burn a pile of joss-paper? Well, apprently... gramps bought a really huge stack for us to pile this year and it started to drizzle.

My bro, mum and I were giddily laughing and giggling about the fact that we have only finished opening less than half the stack when the drizzle began to get heavier. That's when we decided to just toss everything as quickly as we can instead of gently pulling one by one out of the stack... and soon enough we had one great bonfire... ah... all done... ok.... time to sleep.... ZzZzzZZzzzz.....

0 comments: