12:01 AM

Waking up on the wrong side of the bed

Half awake, I found 3 text msgs waiting for me as I grabbed my handphone to look at the time. 6:5something am. All the msgs are were about a telcon at 7am. WTF?!! That wasn't in my calendar last night.

Fine. So I dialled into the toll-free # but I can hardly make out what was being said. So I IM'ed my colleague in Singapore just to check if it was just me coming out of sleep... but it seems to be something to do with our connection with US.

Coming out of the call an hour later, I felt like it was a waste of time since I could hardly make out what was being said. But life goes on and it's high time I got myself ready to get into the office.

...and so the day passes by and it's time to go home and fuel up my car along the way. Except, my car ran out of fuel a couple of kilometers before I reached the petrol station. Major bummer.

I guess the only thing that made sense was that I needed to call a couple of friends to see who can help bail me out of this predicament and fast... it's funny how when I can't afford my phone battery to be drained out that it was way too close to doing exactly that.

But on a brighter note, my phone stayed alive long enough for me to reach my pals... my car was fueled just enough to get to the nearest petrol station... and I had a nice chat with one of the attendants at the station.

I was in awe that the attendant spoke excellent English and is pretty well versed with the manufacturing sector... definitely a rare case... and it was also nice of him to warn me about the modus operandi of snatch thieves that have been preying on customers at the station recently.

Whatever it is, I know that one day... I'll look back at on what has happened today and laugh at it. But for now, I'll just say that I'm relieved to have gotten home safely... and that I should make a better guess at when I should fuel my car (based on the average distance per tank) rather than making wild guesses based on that really weird digital fuel meter that I don't really know how to gauge with in the first place.

0 comments: