8:12 PM

The child in me

Some time ago, Kalamari tagged me to describe six idiosyncrasies about myself... which I ignored then because I had some other things to ramble about. But you see... the thing about being tagged is that it kinda niggles at you in your mind until you actually respond to it.

So to begin with, I had to make sure that I don't misunderstand what is the meaning of idiosyncrasy and that meant a little liberty visit to Dictionary.com. We shall be taking the first definition that goes like this:

"Idiosyncrasy" refers to a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.

And the next thing I knew, I was thinking about taking a somewhat interesting bend to this. Why not talk about the things that I have never really grown out off as I grew up... elements of the child in me? So yeah... here are my six:

第一: I love looking through the window to observe what goes on outside. It doesn't matter if it is the window of a building or a car. I'll observe the birds, the trees, that little squirrel scampering around, the people, the clouds and etc. People might think that I'm daydreaming but I'm really just taking in the natural wonders around me. It powers my imagination and builds my skills of observation. This is why I can probably point out to you during a sunset that a cloud is shaped like a beautiful and majestic bird... with a perfectly placed gap in the cloud being its glowing red eye.

第二: I love to play and can think of a game on the spot using whatever tools I have around me to entertain... KIDS. This trait is the one that makes me the default babysitter during family gatherings because I can normally keep them busy enough for their parents to feel comforted that their kid will not be randomly straying onto the street or putting their tiny hands on a shiny can of beer from the icebox and downing it because hey it's just a harmless "soda".

第三: Discovering a fact or an amazing story of the significantly trivial kind that amuses me can make me ridiculously happy. E.g. On 1st June, I found out that an entertainer whom I've recently known about is just 4 days older than me. It's such a silly thing to know about but (yeah) it actually tickled me and I'm still feeling it.

第四: I love plushies and anything that is remotely adorable. That will explain my significant collection of TY Beanies and Buddies... and many others. Mum and dad will occasionally get me something on their travels too if they think that it'll be something I'd like. So yeah... that makes me very much their little girl still.

And while I'm still on this thread, Infinitium is not allowed to come near any of them because he said they make good fuel for fire. Desecration of any of my precious toys are not allowed. Capice?

第五: Cartoons had been a staple in my diet during my childhood and it will continue to have a special place in my heart till the end of time. I used to watch stuff like He-Man, She-Ra, Transformers, The Care Bears, My Little Pony, Sesame Street, Eureka's Castle, etc. I still watch all the Disney feature animations... in addition to all the other offerings that are coming out from all the new players in the animation genre e.g. the amazing Pixar Animation Studios. Anime is also a new love of mine. So... in essence, if you put me in front of a TV with the Cartoon Package from Astro... it will be my ideal couch potato dream.

第六: I always perceive everyone I meet to be a good person until they show themselves to be vehemently on the dark side... or my sixth sense tells me that someone is a really shifty character. Oh! By the dark side I do mean those people who are conniving rats or double-headed snakes or parasitic louses or well... OKAY to make the list short... the evil ones.

And so that's it. I'm finally done and my potential victims of a tag to write six idiosyncrasies about your wonderful selves can rest easy because I'm not going to tag you... but end with a quote by Abraham Sutzkever (Yiddish poet):

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older."

Aye! Avast me mateys... ye be happy and young at heart fer all eternity.

1 comments:

infinitium said...

burn... burn them all...

BURNNNNNNNNN!! *cue evil cackling laugh*

:)
J