Picking up where I left off in Blogger World!
Grandpa was finally discharged 2 Thursdays ago. He's doing well now though we aren't leaving him on his own to sort out his "smarties". But then again, he's a stubborn old man. He'd tried to read the minute daily prescription print and we'd argue with him that he's misinterpreting it. Example: His painkiller prescription says 1 pill 3 times daily - he had at a time of 2 tried to read the fine print and argued it should be 3 pills once daily. And so we concluded that his logic synapses ain't as sharp as before too. 3 painkillers in one taking will OD any living person... it's poisonous when taken that way.
Last weekend, Vij and I tried to synchronize our time to go watch "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" on Sat... it didn't happen on Sat and I tried to ask if she could make it on Sunday. At first she said she can't... but thankfully she buzzed me on Sat night to let me know that Sun afternoon would be fine. And so... it just happened that we got stuck in a traffic jam, didn't book tickets, and arrived 5 minutes before the 3-ish show to notice that the tickets for that are SOLD OUT... and deciding to watch the 5:35 instead. After we bought our tickets, we wasted time by just walking around the place and window shopped for stuff and checked out pricing for a boombox and a VCD player. She's planning to buy them soon enough.
Finally back at the cinema and having sat through the whole movie, I've decided that CA:FT is definitely what my brother classified it as - a guy-flick... the sibling to chick-flicks. The storyline is nothing to scream about but the action sequences can leave your mouth gaping. Btw, would you say that this is more of a Cameron Diaz flick? She does get a lot of scenes compared to the other 2.
Alrite... so after having such a splendid weekend so far, there's still a little more to make it better. The France F1 Grand Prix ended up with a Williams one-two with Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya finishing in that order followed amazingly by Michael Schumacher who made the best out of an otherwise terrible weekend for Ferrari twice in succession. My brother and I have also noticed that Coulthard is beginning to sound as whiny as Barrichello - both desperate to proove their worth after a considerably long and dry spell. Is it the end for Coulthard with McLaren and Barrichello with Ferrari? One can only speculate thus far until the truth is revealed.
Did I mention that I don't have an assessment on Monday? Ok! That was why studying has not been mentioned... yet. It's on Tuesday morning instead and of course I'll be studying the night before that. Amen.
Other than that... nothing interesting has happened other than the fact that I'm still sitting through 8 hours worth of training 5/7 days of this past week... and Shakila's back from UK... Jayson & Ethan are back from Aussie... and that I'll be enjoying Monday as a welcomed replacement holiday for the company since today is a state holiday for the Penang Gov's b'day... and that I'm contented that I've finally taken my brother and dad to Kapitan to have the Tandoori Chicken & naan bread. Best Tandoori in Penang!! *burp!*



0 comments:
Post a Comment