3 Aug (Sat): Had a packed morning. Dropped grandpa at his town office - took mum to the banks & post office, breakfast, to the Ayer Itam temple, & then to the old flat - went home to settle my laundry & ironing. At 11, called Dan to check if he's at the Green Lane McD coz if he's already there with Julian, Malcolm & Joob - I'll drop by and see Joob who's just back from UK.
But since they are true to Malaysian time... I didn't meet them there but instead went to KDU to audit how much $ should Julie, Shari & I return to Kevin & Daws for Sally's present & last night's dinner & dessert. Saw Shari there too when he arrived there sometime after I finished the somewhat complicated set of calculations. Fuh! Hung around in KDU until it was time to get my grandpa from his office
(sleepy... stopped blogging at 2:07 AM) ......continued blogging at 5:45 PM: On my way to get my grandpa, I knocked into another car. Ouch! This will definitely put a dent in my pocket. Luckily the traffic was slow so there wasn't a super major wreckage scene. The other fella's vehicle was better off than mine... his was a case of an impacted bumper only. Mine was a damaged bumper, broken # plate, & broken aircon pipe+condenser. This will definitely teach me not to drive too close to another car next time round.
After having a tete-a-tete with the mechanics to evaluate both the vehicles, I went home for lunch and a long session of music to feed my mellow mood of the moment.
Later in the evening, Shari came by to see some photos - including those from Lokie's wedding. Then we went out for dinner at Raffe's. Halfway thru the meal, Daws called Shari to say he'll join us for dinner... *huh?* We're slightly confused! Thought he earlier said he'll join us after dinner.
Minutes later, Daws arrived at Raffe's - I quickly gobbled my remaining murtabak, settled the bill and grabbed Shari along & hopped into his car. Round 2: I had a drink & a bite of the Sui Kau at the "sa-tiau-lor" kopitiam while Shari & Daws ate to their hearts content. It was too early for another full meal for me.
After dinner we stood by the car before getting into it to go elsewhere - coz it's just such a nice, cool, & breezy night. As a prank, Shari was locked out of the car and made to walk a short distance to the car... man... Daws can sure be a prankster when he wishes to be.
Again... we went up to Batu Feringghi coz Daws kinda felt regret for not buying the Barbra Streisand CD that he saw. Whoa! This is 3 mights in a row up to BF for me. After sudah puas browsing around the stalls... we walked back to the car and took a stop at Holiday Inn coz Shari had to answer nature's call.
The lobby chairs were so comfortable that all of us didn't wanna leave the hotel... I could have enjoyed a nice little snooze there if we had allowed outselves to stay there... hehehe... but then we have to go home somehow... so off we go! Same thing as last night - Daws drops both Shari & I back to where Shari's car is parked; & I get a ride home from Shari.



0 comments:
Post a Comment