ho-hum.... nothing much happened y'day. No farewell dinner last night -- postponed again coz the guest of honor can't make it...
Using the handphone as an alarm + a habit to switch on the h/p after killing the alarm is something I wish I don't do. Bad idea. I could have lazed and slept another 1/2 hour this morning but nOoo... it started to beep like a bomb siren!! Dammit!
2 consequent SMS arrived -- shaking up zombified moi, who dived and took cover under the pillows as I fumble for the blardy 'C' button. Dammit, dammit! Can never get the right one when in panic. Both messages were from Shari... seems he may not come to say g'bye b4 going back to Russia.
Awake and at work... it seemed like another slow & dull day... til the secretary frantically SOS-ed for help to re-sort & roll-up survey numbers again. Ah well! Seems what we did the other day's 40% incorrect. Rush-rush-rush! Need those by tmrw. Luckily finished calculation for one of the breakdown units b4 5pm.
Shari miss-called when I was still frantically calculating... called him back -- multitasked!! & nearly sent out the wrong file while talking crap with him over the phone... oi vey! Anyhow, farewell dinner is ON this evening :))
After dropping Grandpa back & collecting Shari's Grad ceremony photos (and the last 2 authentic Belgian Chocolate balls I managed to stash away... ), I went to meet him @ Daws office (and gave them a chocolate each). We left in Shari's car from there on & went to find Jac but she had news that dampened our mood... *sigh* so sad... best not to bring that up now.
Jac decided not to follow us for a bite because of the circumstances plaguing one of our other pals... she's going to be the main pillar of support... Oh well... sad... sad... we still had to snack at least, so the 3 of us went on to Pulau Tikus for "Lok-lok" (after Shari fed his starving car... )
So after a quick & fairly quiet "dinner", Shari dropped Daws & I near where our cars were parked, as we decided to go our separate ways... "What bittersweet sorrow... more bitter, less sweet" is the motto of the evening.



0 comments:
Post a Comment