Chronicles of the days before:
Yesterday: Went back a little earlier from work to first take grandpa back home from town before leaving to go collect my Convocation gowns at KDU. Now... the thing is I need to collect 4 sets of [gowns + mortar board + invitations] - one for me, one each for Daniel, Joanne Seaton & Bowie who couldn't go to college to collect theirs. Ended up looking like I bought out a whole boutique when I left the college.
First I bummed into Kenneth while I was collecting the gowns. Met even more people like Mun Wye, Shane, Kok Keong, Mook, Wei Nee, etc... 'coz I was hanging around the college after I've taken the 4 bags of stuff - first to go kacau Daws, second to kacau Pinky, and lastly to pop in to see the Student Councillors who were hannging around in their room.
After Pinky left for the Grad Ball rehearsals at Sally's apartment with the Student Affairs people (that's where Daws works anyhow... for the uninitiated) & Julie (Marketing) - I decided to go home & make sure that rice is cooked for dinner. Decided to pop by to observe the rehearsals after dinner - so called Daws to see if it was OK.. don't wanna intrude if it's a closed door thing y'know? (but obviously it was not lar).
Was about to ask if any of the folks over there wanted me to buy some food for the people over there -cept his h/p batteries went dead. "Oh well... to buy or not to buy?" I thought for a while and decided not to... not without any confirmation anyway - nanti waste food pulak. It was kinda interesting to see what they've prepared for the opening dance. It's kinda tribal.
Some time later - teman-ed Daws who was super hungry for his dinner. The others seemed rather absorbed in the rehearsal still coz no one replied to the question of if they wanted us to bring back some munchies. So off we went from Sally's - first stop, saw that the stalls were closing... oh nvm... moving on he decided to go to the Macalister Rd. "Coffeeshop Trio" (at least that's what I call it). For him it was dinner+supper+drink. Moi? Supper+drink. I think that during that time, I also had quite a few calls n msgs - not easy to finish my simple meal of HK Chee Cheong Fun when they keep coming.
When we went back to Sally's, most of the performers have left except for the last batch who were still practising their act. Later offered to give one of the girls a ride home since she was only a short detour from my route home, as she needed transport. Oh well...
Yesterday of Yesterday: Washed my car although I blardy well know that it is the rainy season. I just can't stand to see some weird looking fungus like things starting to grow on the patches of what used to be birdie-poo. Eww. It really looked as though part of my old white car was becoming literally like a Dalmation.



0 comments:
Post a Comment