9:27 AM

Bizarro things about my interview:

As you know, last Monday, I had an interview. What I didn't mention was while I was at the interview rooms waiting area, early, and waited for my turn... one of the interviewers who knows me greeted me ever so cheerfully when she noticed me there while she was about to call the next candidate to be interviewed. I bet whomever else was there got chilled to the bone assuming that people doing the interviews are familiar with a fellow interviewee. I would get slightly freaked too if I were in their shoes.

A while later, when I saw my interviewer (Sunny) guiding a prior interviewee out I thought, "Hey, OK! He's guiding someone out!". So I wait a pretty long wait... 10-15 mins to send someone out sure is darned long. Weird... but anyhow when he came back - he was stunned to see me already at the waiting area and said, "I was looking for you! I called you and Lyne (the secretary) to look for you but no one picked up the phones. Sorry to have you wait."... so I just said "Erm yeah... I was waiting here when I saw you guiding someone out *smile*"

On Wed, I was to have another interview. This time I waited an hour or so... but when Sunny walked in - he had that same stunned look he gave me on Monday, as he exclaimed - "What are you doing here?! I thought I've done your interview...". I went "Well, I'm not too sure myself but Seok Eng called me on Monday night to come again today." He then said, "Okay... let's go check with Seok Eng what happened"

And so we later found out that Seok Eng somehow got confused and called me in for an interview instead of just asking me to remember to hand over a copy of all my necessary academic certificates. That's quite a bit of time wasted.

0 comments: