4 Sep (Wed): Was stuck in a massive traffic jam on way to work - inching so slowly that we (Peky, Peky's sis & moi) felt like turning home & back to dreamland. Lunch time - I finally! had the chance to eat nasi kandar... *grins-widely* This was also the first time in a long while since we had a big lunch group... Daniel, Dominic, Malcolm, Julian, Chin Chin, Peky, & Angela (who's my boss & also Daniel's friend) was there.
After lunch, Angela gave me a ride to the traffic police headquarters & kept me company while I collected my copy of report & waited 1 hour for my turn to make a report ammendmend. When my turn came - the cop scolded and laughed at me for wanting to report a fact I left out in my earlier report. He said it wasn't necessary for me to state that a 3rd car was in the accident. He would have added more salt to injury if his colleague hadn't mentioned that it's no harm for me to make the correction! *fumes*
These people really give irony to their motto "Mesra Cepat Betul". Do they actually think that I enjoy waiting an hour to do my public duty? This was more a move driven by "Prevention better than Cure" - it would be bad if the insurance companies asked why my police report differs from the reports of the other 2 car drivers'.
TODAY: A Lil' Action Got Me Running. Colleague-A walked passed me & out of the office. Realising that she forgot that I was hitching a ride home with her... I-quickly-shutdown-the-computer-grabbed-my-stuff-headed-4-the-exit-n-paused-a-few-secs-coz-colleague-B-declared-in-shock-that-her-recent-call-was-information-that-her-indonesian-maid-had-ran-away-blinked-dashed-out-and-shouted-4-colleague-A-while-waving-wildly-hoping-she'll-notice-my-frantic-waving.
Luckily she was just about to get out of her parking lot when I caught up with her. She was laughing as I got into her car - to quote her "This is so embarrasing! I thought you were waving bye-bye". Man... I think my life is taking pretty interesting quirks off late.



0 comments:
Post a Comment