The icky: On the way to my office car park, I wondered what was holding up traffic at the last major junction before I reached my destination... Sad to say, what I have observed -- I definitely didn't want to stare at long enough to know the extend of brutality that had happened. All I saw was a Factory Bus; a motorcycle pinned under the middle section of the bus; and a bloke sitting in the bus was leaning against one of the bus windows -looking dumbfounded as he stared at the passing traffic. I definitely did not wanna stay to look out for any signs of blood on the road. Hopefully the motorcyclist had jumped off in time and got away with minimal injuries.
The good: Malcolm played host to Peky & I for lunch today. He picked us up from our respective offices to his house (oh yeah! He also sent us back to work). Lunch was well... chicken rice (which he bought along the way), some soup (which he cooked), & dessert was a spoonful of Nutella. After lunch, we hung around the house & he let us tinker with his latest toy - the X-Box... it has pretty good graffic rendering I should say...
Ah well, Peky & I would have loved to hang around and laze the afternoon away - but we had to go back to work. *sigh*... ah well...
Party! Ladies Night @ Shamrock: Picked up Jocelyn & we arrived exactly @ 9pm. Needless to say, the rest are as usual - LaTe. While waiting, both Joce & I called up Ying Lai who's in KL... we just wanted to bug her a little. Jamie arrived some 15 minutes later (her office is pretty nearby the pub actually)
Nearly 30 mins later, Fiona arrived with some friends & colleagues (they continued trickling in throughout the night); Chin arrived a little later; Su Jin even later (coz she waited for Erh-Pin & his brother who wanted to come along at the last minute); and lastly - Boon Hui & Rosalind. With the last arrivals, the group had somewhat grown rather huge that we filled up most of the top floor's seating.
The gals had free flow of cocktails from the bar... the guys had to order their own beer. Bless the people who had to hear us bergila-gila-ing and screeching out in glee each time someone made a toast. Some of us wanted to leave earlier around 11pm but we were all trapped inside since it had been pouring outside since 10.
Chin left the earliest at 12, soon after the rain subsided. The rest of us left Shamrock around 12:45... and then there was Joce, Jamie, moi, Suj, ErhPs & EhrPs' bro - who regathered at the mamak shop for some makan (and a little sobering up). Yeah... we also had a waiter who is definitely GAY (oh yeah... he flirted with the 2 guys & thought that ErhPs was Japanese... in which case - ErhPs started speaking a smattering of Japanese just to play along... *lol*)



0 comments:
Post a Comment