1:57 PM

Took on a call to do 2 hrs of freelancing y'day evening in an office in Gurney Tower. Didn't have transport but as luck would have it, my friends and I had originally planned to go to Gurney to have a stroll before going to watch Bourne Identity at Island Plaza... with Vijaya being our driver this time round.

Nothing to complain about the freelance thing - the work was easy & there were a few guys worth looking at in there... engineers working over the weekend to complete a project. Pretty decent bunch of people - someone was playing mp3s - and there was the occasional sing-a-long to certain song choruses 'on air'

After earning my keep (enough for a movie, dinner, and a bit to keep) - I met up with Vij & Sze Lin once again. But first things first, we dropped Sze Lin home coz she she'd seen the movie already.

The movie was OK... tho' there were quite some cliches. Didn't enjoy it much cause I felt super-uncomfortable in my seat to the point of being nauseous. It was not very ergonomically designed. I now remember why I have reserves about going to the theatres in Island. After the movie, Vij was trying to analyze the irregularities in the movie plot when we were stuck in the infamous Gurney Drive traffic jam.

We headed to Cravan for dinner. As we were looking for a parking space, we're lucky to find quite a few empty spots... but when we saw someone leaving a spot nearer our makan-spot -- we waited for it to get out. Next thing I know, we are parked right in front of Daws' car. "Oi-vey! That fella is around here someplace!"... and so I made a call to find out where he was (the place was called Fusion & sounded very familiar to both Vij & I) - we tried looking for it but we didn't see it.

After Vij & I finished our dinner, we decided to walk around the area again... and suddenly there it was!! How could we have missed it the first time round? It's just right next to Cindy's mum's restaurant too! Gave him a call again as Vij & I were strolling along that little street... only when I saw him peeking out of the restaurant did I put down the call... we ended up chatting outside Fusion for quite a while before he went back in to rejoin his god-bro & pals... After which, Vij & I made our way home. Carpe Diem!

p/s: Interesting fact... Vij drives a Mini. Matt Damon drives a Mini in the car chase. Boy! Were we inspired to mengganas in Vij's Mini and barge thru the darn traffic!! *grins*

0 comments: