Sat, 2 Nov: Hurray! No work today means I benefit from getting to actually enjoy the long weekend. Woke up at 10-ish. Got online to check mails & had a rather interesting chat with Chris & Daws each. After lunch, followed my parents for another bank "La Tour de Penang". All went well until we went to Bank X - with intend to use the cash deposit machine. Main branch: machine "Out of Service". Komtar: bleah. Dato Kramat: more bleah *tut!!!*. The last ditch... look for a branch I remember seeing along Jalan Jelutong. Took a wrong turn. Ended up going a big round before we found it. Yes!! Yes!! Finally a machine that works!! Ok... well... it was quite a fussy one too... kept refusing the last RM50 note that we had to try swapping with other RM50 notes we had kept in our wallets.
Next stop, the market - I bought a whole watermelon for Jamie's pool party. Wanted to cut it, but I had sentry duty - peeling loads of onions & shallots for dad's cooking project tomorrow (let's just say he literally plans to feed an army). Finished that in time to pack for the party before Jase came to pick me up. The watermelon felt like it weighed a ton.
Turning into the apartment visitor's car park, I saw Doris, her parents & Jeffrey. Aha! I finally see who Jeffrey is... *chuckles* In the lift ride to Jamie's, I kinda told Jase that he was not a gentleman. He didn't offer to help carry the watermelon until I mentioned it... to which he replied "Ok, here's the deal - I carry it when the lift opens until we get to Jamie's place". My reply? "What's the point?!" - btw, Jamie's house is just right in front of the lift. Period.
After greeting whoever's arrived, I headed to the kitchen to cut the melon up. Hahahaha... at least Jase was decent enough to help cut it too. Vern Ying chatted with us while we were hacking it into bite-sized pieces. Jamie's dad came back with satay & 2 lobster termidors. Wow!! Thanx uncle!!
Once all the grub was ready, we moved down to the poolside. We ate, we goofed, we fed the mosquitoes, we swam, and some of us went into the pool for a swim - in swim gear, of course. Pool incidents: Su Jin pulled Jo Lynn, who was in normal clothing, into the pool. Shen jumped into the pool voluntarily before Su Jin pushed him in. Jamie slipped n fell by the pool side. Aiks! ;D
Now let me list who was there: Jamie, Su Jin, Shen, Doris, Jeffrey, Soo Foong, Sze Lin, Vern Ying, Jason, Jo Lynn, Deborah, Fiona, Tze Wei, Erh Pin, Soon Beng, Calvin, Shawn, James, Andrew, Stephanie, Adrian, and 2 girls who were Jamie's housemates in Uni. Dor & Jeff had to leave by 8:30 PM to catch a bus back to Kelantan (they study there). The remaining group: some left before 12:00 AM, while the rest of us stayed on til 2:++ AM before heading for Subaidah in Tmn Pekaka. I think most of us reached home at about 4:00 AM. What a night!



0 comments:
Post a Comment