Sun, 3 Nov: After breakfast, we went to visit Granny Christine's grave. Dad had actually forgotten about All Souls' Day until I reminded him about it last night. As soon as we got home Dad began his massive cooking project - fried bihun enough to feed the families of my 3 grandaunts, his best friend's family, and ourselves. I had actually invited Peky over for lunch when I saw her online before lunchtime but she said she was "pai seh". She also told me that a pipe had burst outside her house overnight - right at where her dad's beautifully tended garden patch was. Oh no! That once beautiful garden is now quite a painful sight, with all the gravel the PBA has put there temporarily before the actual fixing work begins.
Pretty much lazed around after lunch. I decided that I should cancel going for a badminton workout with Shane, Sze Lin, Freddie, and Kok Keong later tonight. I do not want to be feeling dead when I go back to work on Tuesday (The logic? Having only slept at 4am, and then going for 2 hours for badminton at 9pm - a person with no fixed exercise regime will definitely be a very tired & sore one...)
Had followed Peky to join Daniel, Dom, Malcolm, Julian & Pei Ling for dinner at California Cafe, Gurney Plaza. It's nice seeing this group getting together again. The food - edible but not incredible. Sadly I was in a rush... I had to leave them at 9pm because I have plonked on the alternative & less energy taxing activity - watching the 9:40 show of "Red Dragon" in Prangin Mall. All I can say is "I like the movie!! It's very smart & I would recommend people to go watch it. Anthony Hopkins rocks!!"
Mon, 4 Nov: Happy Deepavali!! Hi~ I didn't do much today. Just had a mite of a mystery to solve before we got the DVD of "Amelie" to run without the director's commentary. The font for the options listed for the audio features were so small that we literally had to be very near the TV to try to interpret what it was all about. I find the movie to be an amusing watch... and it was easy to relate to Amelie. The filming style & storytelling of this one is also intriguing. Oh yeah! Mum & Dad went to KL in the evening. Hurrah!! The house is mine!!! Muahahaha...
Today: Went to office - logged in as usual only to be greeted by a popup that "rudely" screams out - "Your account has been disabled. Please contact your system administrator". Just my lucky day... quickly figured out that I had to renew my account with the IT folks & found out that they'd only restore my NT account and Outlook Exchange by the next day. That's half the morning. The other half - I managed to borrow a colleague's terminal to check a few things and clear some stuff (she works from home then comes to work at 12:30... cool-eh?). Anyway... asked Daws via ICQ if he'd come up with another three 4-digit combinations for probing with Maxis. His original three combinations queried to Maxis via my aunt came back with only one option that he didn't like. Told him to think about it and let me know later coz I'm literally computerless.
The afternoon was spent packing a lot of packages to be couriered (... I still have some more to pack tomorrow morning too!). At about 4:40 PM, I tried using my NT login... woo-hoo!! It worked!! Next, I checked my Outlook... it still didn't work. One out of 2 isn't that bad for a start, right? With the long weekend & some lose ends to tie... I'm only afraid of what I might be greeted with when the Pandora's Box is finally accessible. Btw, Daws messaged to let me know the numbers... they even had a story to them... ;P Har har har!!! Will check them out within the next 2-days.



0 comments:
Post a Comment