Wed, 6 Nov: Had asked my aunt to lookup for available Maxis numbers based on the three latest 4-digit combinations from Daws. Luckily I had took a sheet of post-it with me. My aunt returned my call when I was just starting up my car to go home. Quickly grabbed a pen, stuck the post-it onto my steering wheel, and scribbled all the numbers being dictated to me. That being said and done - I fixed on my hands-free, called Daws (and he said he'd call back...), drove my car out of the parking bay, picked up call, dictated numbers on the post-it to Daws, and my colleague (who was hitching a ride with me) laughed everytime I sounded a bit more animated/perplexed when replying to some occasionally silly question by Daws... at other times... I'm just being cute (as always... hehe...) He finally picked one number & went to my aunt's shop to settle the line registration with my aunt, after work.
Later, I went to get Joce at 8:30 PM. Picked her up early because I needed to make a detour to One-stop to buy some blank CDs. After that, we went over to Shamrock to meet up with Jamie, Shen, Erh-Pin, Fran, Pam, Mei Ling, & Calvin. The place was very dead. The pool table was ours for the whole night. Played cards & goofed around before we went over for mamak, right across the street. So much for all of us who said we would like to go home early.... we ended up going home at about 12:30AM.
Today: A box arrives for me in the office. Hmm... let's see what's in it... OK.... opened the box... put aside the packing foam... something in bubble wrap... "ARGH!! WHO PACKED THIS THING~?!!" - 2 layers of bubble wrap mummified by a 1.5 inch wide super-adhesive tape?! ...The last thing I need to do now is to be Ms. Butterfingers... consignment items read: 1 porcelain mug, 1 ballpoint pen, 1 Agilent ID badge holder. Ok... dropping this on the floor is definitely not a good idea.
I finally managed to unwrap the items after a long struggle. The mug is really nice & heavy (...it's all black with the a little Agilent logo & motto printed in white), the pen is rather nice & heavy too... and the badge thinghy... is a badge thinghy. What's all this? It's my consolation prize for a logo competition I took part in (there were only 4 participants worldwide... so much response, eh?). The task was to create a logo for a global function group in Agilent.



0 comments:
Post a Comment