9:09 PM

Hola! Hmmm... Since I tend to be very narrative (read: longwinded), let's see if I can make this update somewhat shorter & sweeter. Here we go!

Mon, 21 Oct (Nightly Edition): Before I left the office, I gave Daws (via ICQ) a price-list for some H/P models earlier taken from my aunt. The unbelievably low price quoted for Nokia 6610 made him immediately interested to go for it. A few "Are you sure (of the price)?" questions ensued but I cut him short (coz I really wanted to cabut from the office already!) and issued an ultimatum for him to order or to balik-consider. He went for it... so, I called up my aunt - ordered - shut down the computer - arriba! arriba! outta office I go!!

Aunt later told me that the model is very new and stock has yet to hit Penang market, thus that's what I told Daws. Later at night, he chatted me up over MSN and mainly discussed about H/Ps. At the end of the whole chat, I seriously wanted to cekik him man! That idiot kept showing fascination for other H/P models throughout the chat (macam ada a 10-way tug-of-war on what to choose) - I ended up asking if he wanted to cancel the order. He held it. Idiot!! (On another note, I was shocked when he told me he just heard over the radio that there was a shooting in Melbourne U... Crap! Questions about my MU friends safety raced across my mind.)

Putting worries aside - I went offline and watched Ally McBeal. Yay!

Tue, 22 Oct: Nothing. Just the average mundane day. Had managed to get in touch with Yoke Sim, though. Thank God she's safe. She was in the building next to Monash Clayton where the shooting happened. Summary of what she told me, "Shooter is a Chinese, 36 year-old, Honors student. He speaks poor English, believed to be stressed - went to class and fired shots. 2 Chinese dead, 5 Aussies injured. More guns and a large knife was found in shooter's home. Mother who lives with him in shock over the incident, appears not to know about the weapons. The authorities, crisis counsellors, and TV News Teams are swarming around campus. Exams are less than a week away." *sigh!*

Otherwise, my greatest achievement of the day would be Getting all the clothes in my ever growing pile of cleaned laundry ironed. Rawk!!

Ok! Forget short & sweet!! I seriously need to rant... ish-ish-ish...

Today, 23 Oct: Work was mundane as usual but I sure was being kept busy. At 9-ish, I went to pick up Jocelyn & Chin2. We went to Shamrock to hang out. It was Ladies' Night, so we had free flow of cocktails. Bumped into Dom... eeEeeEeeeeeEe... someone looks more 'prosperous'... hehehe... anyhow there was this 2 Caucasian blokes who really suck at pool hogging the table while making some rather lame attempts to attract the attention of 4 Caucasian gals sitting at another table. GeeEeez...

Joce & I finally got to a play a game when they finally decided that they had enough of pool. (Oh! They've already managed to get the girls' attention by then...) The white ball is kinda cacat though - one huge dent in it. Suj came in as we were finishing the game... (woo-hoo! One more to the party) As she walked towards our table, one of the 2 blokes tried to hit on her. Ugh! It was a really lame effort - we tried not to laugh. 11:30-ish, we left the joint to go get some burgers. Original destination - stall not there... OK! Plan B - walked to the nearest mamak joint and orders some drinks, burgers & a nasi goreng. *Slurp! Yummy!!*

Now here's some serious ranting: Leaving the mamak's, this Indian guy on a motorbike comes by but detours slightly further up the road when a cop car came by to "chat with the guy". Then suddenly, he left his bike next to the cop car & ran towards my car after Jocelyn & I boarded my car. We quickly locked the doors. He came up to my window, snobbishly demanding and trying to intimidate us for RM 2. We couldn't give a shit! We were leaving!! I very hostilely told him that I was parked in a legal MPPP lot... it's after the pay-for-parking hours!!! (Deep in my head, I was cursing "Ass!!! F.O.!!!")

We also noticed that Suj is in trouble - her car was right next to the cop car, parked next to a yellow line! Chin had luckily offered to accompany Suj to her car... so they stood alongside the road as though they were chatting. Joce & I decidedly picked them up and took them for a ride around the block. Shit! We all know that those cops can't issue traffic summonses simply because they were not traffic police!! The cops had left when we got back there to drop Suj off. She quickly jumped into her car but that guy saw us and quickly put his bike in front of her car, went to her window and tried to rip RM 5 from her. When she refused he started to scold her, "You have no sense?! I helped you!! I'm just making a living!!" (literally translated). She must have pretended not to understand coz he came towards us shouting "Talk to your friend! Tell her!".

We ignored him although we were afraid and knew that he could be marking our car number plates. We waited for Suj to start the car and when she looked ready to move, I went forward to give her space to come out - then we drove off like there was no tomorrow!! Just in case, I opted to take a route where we could accompany Suj for as long as we can. Joce, Chin & I decided to stay away from Shamrock for the time being. If we happen to go there anytime in the near future, we will park our car in some other area - as far away from that place as possible to avoid meeting that guy. GeEEeeEezZzz... what a night for 4 gals.

0 comments: