1:13 AM

I hereby finally add the official updates to this blog - in place of my random ramblings that were used as a preview to the following. Onward!

Fri, 4 Oct: Ok... it was a very busy day at work. Skipped lunch (but that was OK since I had expected the workload and had the sense to take a heavier breakfast). At 4PM - I quickly cleared up my stuff and went on to update my colleague so that she could back me up (somewhat...) while I'm on leave.

Fortunately, I didn't speed on my way home coz there was a police roadblock somewhere along the way *phew* - reached home & quickly pack in some last minute stuff... went to pick up my grandpa first - drop mum & myself off at the bus pick-up point while letting gramps take the car home. Nearly missed our bus to KL. Reached KL at 10:30 PM... my dad & bro came to pick us up and took us for supper somewhere in SS2. Ahh... makan!

Oh yeah... also wished 2 people Happy Birthday today.

Sat, 5 Oct (meow-meow day): Woke up blissfully at 10-ish. Watched some toons on TV before we went out for our Dim Sum lunch at Sunway. Btw, the Dim Sum was halal... the items mostly had shrimp, chicken, shrimp, more shrimp & some other meats-vegie combinations.

After lunch it was on to Istana Budaya for our matinee show of Cats™ *meow* I find the 1st half of the show rather slow... but what I do find interesting is the incorporation of Choral Speaking - it was used to convey some verses of T.S.Elliot's poem from which this production was based on. At intermission, I went to get the program book and the CD before meeting up with my parents & mum for a drink. On our way back to our seats, I bummed into Chin Chin & Alan. Also noticed a 'Cat' - he was sniffing at something in a lady's hand. She gestured to offer it to the Cat... and I nearly laughed when the Cat quickly shook his head to indicate that he didn't want it.

Back at our seats, I saw a Cat moving around the Upper Circle (UC) from the left and grooming herself every now & then. Not long after that, a HUGE grey cat walked in and started playing with the Caucasian kids in the row behind - poking one of them on her tummy. By now... I felt I was in for a little trouble... HUGE Grey Cat stood behind my seat for a while... (I think it sniffed at my cardigan that was draped over my shoulders)... he pulled my scrunchy - climbed on my seat and DisPlaced me from my seat... (ok... So I was actually sitting on the Cat before he pushed me away towards my brother) It just gave me an innocent look when I looked at him in the face... very much like a typical cat.

He continued climbing down the rows - making a few kids scream (he was quite scary), sitting on some people, and lying across a row of people. Ganas. Then he moved over to the right of the UC... and rummaged through a purse & pretended to toss it off the balcony. By then, a third Cat was in the UC... the kid who screamed played with her tail when she walked pass. She went on to chase the HUGE grey cat around the UC...

Soon the 2nd half of the show began. We were all more perked up now since those Cats had come up to 'play' with us. Moreover, I do think that the 2nd half of the show was livelier too... more interesting characters. I loved the dancing by the 'Magical' Cat... (that Cat has the power to call on the pyrotechnics too!) Neato!

Oh well... overall, I do find Cats to be an interesting play on its own. The stage set had plenty of trap doors. The lighting effects were a really good visual aid - it helped to set the scenes as they switched between the dark of night - to the world of the old cats while they were in their prime.

After the show, we went for a walk in Bukit Bintang. Went to StarHill... before my brother took me to the 2nd hand CD shop. Actually found a copy of the Miss Saigon recording there... Yay! Also found a few CDs that Daws might want... so I called him to ask him if he wanted me to get it for him... in a later call to him... I found out that he was also in KL! Kecilnya dunia ini...

On the way home, my dad had to detour back to Sunway Hotel to collect the Chocolate Mud Cake that he ordered and forgot to collect. We reached home about 15 minutes before Kalamari & Kotak came to pick me up... Finally, I get introduced, face-to-face, to Kotak. We went for some apom, drinks, & plenty of chit-chat in USJ17. The food smelled great but we've all just had dinner prior to meeting up... so... it was just a snacky-chatty outing. Oh yeah... there was a moment when Kalamari had to figure out who between Kotak & I was fibbing... hehe... that was fun to watch ;)

0 comments: