10:55 AM

Tue, 29 Oct: At 12++ AM, Yasmin was frantic over MSN Messenger & asked me to read a mail she forwarded. Fine. Read it. We talked about the issue she's concerned about. She gave me a load of crap based on a very vague email & news from the rumor-mill. What was disconcerting was she was making terrible assumptions about Pinky's reaction in attending to the incident. I decided to interrogate Yas & found out that she didn't even make a real effort to get the real story from Pinky. What's worse is that rumormongers are taking the chance to defame the integrity of the SC and Yas has assumed that they are being ignorant. Oh, shite!

I too did not know head or tail of what actually happened, so I told Yas that if she's so concerned, she should at least email the key SC-ers & Pinky to find out their side of the story. So she emailed them & also sent a 2nd email to the xSC-ers. But here's what I did not expect - her tone in those messages downright vaguely accused an SC-er (implicating Pinky's "inaction") as the sole cause of destroying the reputation of the SC. WTF?!

This issue had worried me a lot. Lucky for me, after Yas went offline, Malcolm came online. At least I have someone to talk this over with. Slept only at 2 AM-ish. The xSC-ers who responded, being the wiser, ended up shooting Yas for being downright presumptious and basically told her to grow a brain, as well as agreeing to one or two statements regarding management. She should know how to evaluate this, being an xSC-er herself. The thing that made it worse was she actually made a U-turn on her stand and agreed with the people who shot her down. Shame on her!

For the rest of the day, I must say that I managed to do some pretty good investigating work. I got hold of Chris & Pinky over the phone. Much later, I also managed to ask them out for a drink in Gurney's Dome. It was real pissy to know that the real story is a far cry from what the rumor mill has come up with. In short, the victim of crime has moved on (Yes, the incident involved a crime! Please don't ask me to elaborate what it was.), Pinky & the SC has done a lot to help the victim (and gets accused needlessly for something they shouldn't be accused of), and many people are using personal vendetta to lash out at the SC - hurting not only the SC, but potentially the whole college. I don't like what's happening. Period.

At least Pinky now knows that most of the xSC did not outright support Yas' views and were more sensible in handling the news... (p/s: It's also good to know that we managed to keep our humor in stead of all this crap... so the outing was in the end - not depressing but a really fun one!)

0 comments: